Starting Febuary 1st, I’m going to start my first (ever) no heat challenge. I keep seeing before/after photos and I’m intrigued. I typically don’t use a lot of heat on my hair. I’ll flat iron my hair every once in a while, just to switch things up. I was heavy on the blow dryer to stretch my hair. Now that my hair is at a length I’m comfortable with, I’m going to toss my blow dryer to the side for 90 days 😫……I can do this right?!?!?
- Absolutely no heat (obviously). No flat ironing, no hot combs, no blow dryers.
- No hooded dryers for deep conditioning.
My personal goals for this challenge are
- To drink more water. I typically drink water and coffee. That’s it. But some days, coffee wins over water. Soooo to balance this thing out, for every cup of coffee, I have to drink 8oz of water, in addition to my regular intake.
- Try more hairstyles. Anyone that knows me, knows I’m the top bun shawty and the half up/half down queen. There are so many cute low maintenance styles to choose from, thanks to @pinterest, I need to break out of my box. Sidenote: wigs, full sew-ins (no leave outs) and braids are acceptable. I have yet to find a wig that didn’t look “wiggy” on me 😒 but I’ve done Marley twists a couple of times and I loved them.
- Wear a satin bonnet to bed. Surprisingly, this one is the hardest for me. Ok, in my defense, I have a 10 month old daughter that wakes up at 7am saying”milk” in sign language. And sometimes doesn’t go to sleep until 11-12am. In between housework, clients and children, The last thing on my mind is a bonnet. However…I plan on making a strong effort to remember to put it on before bedtime.
Currently my natural hair is chin length wet and shoulder length dry. Flat-ironed, my hair is right above my bra-strap. My goal is to grow my hair to armpit length in its natural curly state. Incorporating my 3 personal goals in conjunction with my current co-wash regemine, I hope to see some, if any, results. I plan on posting monthly picture and updates on my progress.
Whose else is up for the challenge?
Like👍🏾 Comment📝 Share📲